Where summer brings a number of joys and opportunities for having fun outdoors. At the same time, It brings threats to your skin. But it is not a smart choice to shut yourself indoors in order to avoid all the skin problems. The best thing that you can do in order to enjoy summer to its fullest, is taking careful measures to save your skin the trouble.
One of the most irritating summer skin problem is the rash that itches and turns into a prominent red patch on your skin. Its cause is excess seat production by the sweat glands. That sweat fails to make its way out of the skin and hence the rash. But there are some home remedies that can help you get rid of this rash as soon as it makes its appearance.
- Use of soothing powder helps in keeping the skin dry and therefore helps in reducing the chances of a heat rash.
- Use of Calamine lotion is a good choice to make when trying to avoid the rash.
- Wearing light-weight loose-fitting clothes is also essential.
When the sun’s radiance is at its peak then it is necessary to make use of sunscreen an important part of your routine. It provides protection against the harmful UV radiations that can result in sunburn and sun tan.
Avoiding summer breakouts:
Heat can make your skin prone to acne. When there is increased sweat production, the sweat ends up getting mixed up with the oil and bacteria. This results in the clogging of pores. Following are the few measure that can help you fight against the acne:
- It is better to stay away from oil-based skin products (moisturizers and make-up etc)
- Washing face twice a day with alcohol-free products is a smart choice to avoid summer acne
- Drying skin by gentle patting with a soft cotton or handkerchief reduce the chances of itching
Not paying enough attention to keeping your body hydrated is never a choice but in summers when it is hot and dry outside it is more than essential to keeping a check on your routine of water in-take. Use of a moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated and fresh is also important.
Food and skin-health are related even if they do not appear to be, in opinion of some people. Therefore,in-take of vegetables, fruits and raw-nuts that are rich in fiber has vital importance.Don’t let the fungal infections take over:’In summers, skin can become a victim of fungal infections if proper care is not taken. As, warm and moist environment prove to be a perfect home for the fungus, that is why it is mandatory to avoid all such conditions to last long on your skin. Therefore, sweaty clothes should not be worn for a long time. Socks should also be changed regularly.