So many times we are told that we look older than our age because of a certain look that we carry or because of certain makeup mistakes that we might have done. This, instead of enhancing our features and our overall look, makes us look older and duller. It snatches away the freshness of the face and does more harm than good to the face. Below are a few mistakes that you might be making that might be making you appear older than you really are.
1. The wrong foundation type: a lot of times we aren’t aware of the type of our skin. There are many types of the skin. Some have sensitive skin, some have oily skin and some have dry skin. Not every foundation is going to suit your skin type. Choosing the wrong foundation for your skin can be extremely detrimental to it. It can make you look older and can create fine lines. It can also enhance your acne. As for oily skin, it can increase the oil and make the pores clog more. All of this might make your skin look older than it is, making the overall look dull.
2. Applying eyeliner in the wrong way: for a lot of us, eyeliner is a must. It makes our makeup look complete and gives it the final touch but if done wrong, it can do the opposite. Darker eyeliner in the lower water line can make the look not so flattering. Use lighter eyeliner on the lower waterline (a white liner or a silver one would do). Using a highlighter in the inner corners can make the look more awake, bright and young.
3. Using too much eye shadow: when you apply dark eyeshades directly to the crease, it makes the entire makeup look droopy and sad looking and that is not what we are aiming for. If you want an everyday and a fresh day to day makeup look, you should go for light tones that go well with your skin tone and don’t make the eyes look dark. Blend the eyeshades properly and make sure that the look isn’t harsh.
4. The shape and the shading of the eyebrows: the eyebrows have a huge role to play in the entire look. If they are filled in the wrong way and too harshly they make the person look older and the face too dull. Go for the light and the natural look if you want to avoid makeup mistakes that make you look older.
5. Sometimes what you use on your face now can have a huge impact on your face and your features later. Using heavy concealers can cause your under eyes to look droopy and can create fine lines early which can be major cause of ageing. Heavy concealing can be a major cause of looking older than you actually are.