Controlling blood glucose level is one of the most arduous tasks for a person with diabetes. Every moment is spent in fear. You cannot even have an ice-cream without worrying about wreaking havoc on the glucose level in the blood. If you are at a loss as to how to put a stop on your blood glucose level, then try a cup of barley tea.
What is blood sugar?
Blood sugar refers to the concentration or level of glucose in the bloodstream. Excessive presence of glucose in the blood is called diabetes. Many factors might be the reason for a spike in sugar levels like sedentary lifestyle, stress, overeating, consumption of excess sugary foods and more.
Almost 50% of the people who have diabetes don’t realize that they are suffering from this condition. If you frequently feel the urge to urinate or get thirsty often than before, clubbed with irresistible hunger pangs, then be alert as these are the primary signs that your body gives for lowered blood sugar levels. Controlling them at the right time is crucial as poorly controlled blood sugar takes 5-10 years for causing significant complications. However, it is possible to keep it under control with the help of one magic ingredient, i.e., Barley tea.
Barley tea benefits are innumerable and it also has proven beneficial in treating diabetes. It is extremely low in sugar, despite its natural sweetness, insulin balance in the body and also helps to regulate blood sugar.
How is barley tea good for the natural treatment of diabetes?
- The glycemic index of barley tea is low even though it is naturally sweet, The little value of the glycemic index makes it ideal for diabetes.
- Drinking barley tea on a regular basis helps in the regulation of the level of glucose in the blood by the control of insulin level in the body.
- The fibers present in barley helps to feed a healthy gut bacteria named Prevotella that aids in the regulation of blood sugar levels.
- The composition of barley promotes better functioning of hormones present in the gut that regulate metabolism and appetite along with reducing low-grade inflammations that occur in the body due to a spike in blood sugar.
What are the health benefits of barley tea?
Freshly brewed barley tea for blood sugar is also incredibly beneficial for health in general. Barley possesses a plethora of medicinal properties which work to cure a wide variety of ailments.
1. Barley tea helps with digestion
Freshly prepared barley tea is a natural antacid. It can cure acid reflux in an instant and promote regular bowel movement.
2. Barley is rich in antioxidant
Barley tea is rich in antioxidants and minerals such as selenium which work against toxic free radicals and prevent the infliction of oxidative stress.
3. Barley tea boosts the immune system
Barley tea is rich in vitamin C which helps to stimulate the body immunity. It promotes the generation of white blood cells and acts as a potent antioxidant to protect the immune system against oxidative stress.
4. Barley tea promotes blood circulation
Barley tea is an effective stimulant which can increase the flow of blood. It is an anticoagulant which helps in the reduction of the formation of blood clots in the body.
5. Barley tea gets you a good night’s sleep
Barley tea is rich in melatonin and tryptophan which are essential for good quality of sleep. The compounds trigger the release of neurotransmitters in the brain which aid in inducing a feeling of sleepiness at the right time of the day.
6. Barley tea promotes male fertility
Barley tea is rich in selenium which is remarkably essential for boosting male fertility. It preserves the health of the prostate gland and is incredibly useful for the prevention and cure of prostate cancer.
7. Barley tea helps to lose excess weight
Drink freshly brewed barley tea on a daily basis to shed the extra pounds. Barley contains a plethora of nutrients, fiber, vitamins and minerals that work to stimulate the processes of metabolism and fat burning and promote quicker digestion.
8. Barley tea fights against inflammation
Barley tea is rich in anti-inflammatory compounds which work wonders for the alleviation and natural cure of oxidative damage, gout, arthritis, and joint pain. Barley contains antioxidants which help in the treatment of chronic and neurodegenerative diseases.
9. Barley tea is the best tea for pregnancy
Barley possesses minerals like folic acid, calcium, iron, niacin, and potassium which are essential for the health of the pregnant woman.
Barley tea aids in the prevention and cure of gestational diabetes. It also helps in the coagulation of blood thereby preventing excess loss of blood during delivery. The consumption of barley tea during pregnancy can aid in the prevention of congenital disabilities like neural tube problems and spina bifida.
How to prepare barley tea?
The preparation of barley tea is simple. The tea possesses a mild fragrance and is delicious. It is beneficial for the natural treatment of diabetes and other health issues.
The procedure of preparation of barley tea:
- 1/4th a cup of roasted barley powder
- 2 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon of organic honey
- A few drops of lemon juice
- Pour the water into a saucepan and place it on a low flame.
- Let the water boil for a few minutes
- Add the barley powder to the water in the saucepan and cook it for a few minutes more.
- Reduce the flame and cover the saucepan. Let the barley tea simmer on the low flame for about 6 minutes.
- Strain out the barley tea into a cup and drink it warm.
A few words of caution
- Do not drink barley tea after or before surgery as it is an anticoagulant which will induce excess bleeding during surgery.
- Barley contains gluten compounds which might trigger gluten sensitivity and allergic reactions in the body.
If you are at a loss as to how to cure diabetes, then try a cup of barley tea for blood sugar to do away with the high level of glucose in the blood.
Flush out the toxins from the body, shed the excess body weight, and preserve your health and proper functioning of every physiological system in the body with freshly brewed barley tea.
Dr.Sohil Guntagani is a proficient writer who firmly believes in the age-old remedies and holistic medicine as a primary cure for several diseases. After graduating from Rajeev Gandhi University Of Health Sciences, He embarked on a journey to find the truth about holistic and natural remedies. During his travel and research, he found the purpose to enlighten and empower others with this knowledge and help them led a much healthier and stress-free life.